The South African government intends to amend the retirement regulations which many argue will ultimately give the go-ahead for government to use pension fund resources to bail out struggling state owned enterprises. In a country where only 7% of the population can afford to retire, we need to question the legality of the move, and whether pension fund members are fully aware of how this will impact their futures.
Join the Business Day Dialogues, in partnership with ASI, as our panel of experts debate: retirement fund investment in SOE’s, why so few South Africans able to retire comfortably; the need for the Financial Services Conduct Authority to be given teeth in the prosecution of theft, and the accountability of advisors and investors in the long-term performance of pension funds.
- Joanne Joseph – Moderator
- Anthony Govender – CEO, ASI
- Viresh Maharaj – Managing Executive: Corporate Distribution, Sanlam
- Clem Sunter – Independent scenario planner
- Andrew Davison – Head of Advice, Old Mutual Corporate Consultants (OMCC)
Date: Wednesday, November 11 2020
Time: 09.00 – 10.00 am