The Directors Event – billed as ‘SA’s biggest board meeting’ is futured by BCX and presented in association with the Institute of Directors in South Africa (IoDSA) will be streamed live online at 9am on October 20. The theme for this year’s conference is Building a sustainable new normal, where senior management and C-level executives from South Africa’s business community will unpack major issues affecting the country’s economy.
Andile Khumalo, MC for the event, will introduce Sunday Times editor S’thembiso Msomi and BCX CEO Jonas Bogoshi, after which the keynote address by de Ruyter and the annual Chairman’s Report by Lucas-Bull will follow.
The discussion topics and panelists include:
The South African economy is in ICU. How will it be revived?
- Ted Blom – independent energy expert, Energy Expert Coalition
- Tebele Luthuli – MD, Business Against Crime
- Prof Ruth Hall – professor institute for Poverty, Land and Agrarian Studies (PLAAS), University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- Moderated by Gugulethu Mfuphi
How do we manage climate change to become self-sufficient?
- Kekeletso Tsiloane – engineer, Ramtsilo Manufacturing & Construction
- David Nicholls – chairman, South African Nuclear Energy Corporation SOC Limited (NECSA)
- Dr Inga Jacobs-Mata – country representative, International Water Management Institute, Southern Africa
- Shamini Harrington – VP: Climate Change, Sasol South Africa
- Tasneem Essop – executive director, Climate Action Network International (CAN-I)
- Moderated by Simon Gear
How will the Fourth Industrial Revolution create jobs to grow the SA economy?
- Dr Michael Gastrow – director: Science in Society, Impact Centre, Human Sciences Research Council
- Prof Brian Armstrong – adjunct professor, Wits Business School, University of the Witwatersrand
- Shaheen Vawda – chief sales officer, BCX
- Gur Geva – founder & CEO, iiDENTIFii
- Moderated by Andile Khumalo
Date: Tuesday, October 20 2020
Time: 09am – 12.30pm
To register, click here.