The financial uncertainty brought about by the Covid-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for people to take charge of their finances and plan for the future. But making emotion-based investment decisions – particularly during unpredictable times – can hold numerous pitfalls. The psychology behind investing cannot be ignored, and neither can a proper understanding of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs).
Moderated by financial journalist Nastassia Arendse, the Business Day | Financial Mail Investment Dialogues and the JSE invites every-day investors to learn more about ETFs and the benefits that professional financial advice can deliver. A panel of financial planning gurus will explain:
- What is an ETF, what are the benefits, and how are they used to make you more money?
- What are the various types of ETFs?
- What’s the difference between local and global ETFs?
- How can you access an ETF?
- What must you bear in mind when investing?
You’ll hear from…
- Itumeleng Monale, Chief Operating Officer, JSE
- Robert van Eyden, CEO, FNB Stockbroking & Portfolio Management, and author of Investing Happiness
- Nerina Visser, Director & co-owner at etfSA
- Wehmeyer Ferreira, COO, STANLIB Index Investments